Chicago, Spring/Sum...

Chicago, Spring/Summer 2019  

RSS

Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
March 6, 2019 3:46 pm  

Gang,

A few of you have expressed interest in a long weekend in Chicago for shooting and hanging out.

Our newest forum member Larry Leonard lives in Chicago and has expressed an interest in joining.  So what say you?

I propose an arrival in Chicago on Thursday (or earlier), with us getting together and shooting Friday, Saturday and Sunday.  Possibly Monday.  I know Chicago fairly well and, with Larry's help can put together a preliminary list of things to go see/shoot.

Proposal is to find a long weekend that works for most of those that want to go, preferably in either May or June, before the Summer tourist season begins in full swing.

Who are interested in going?

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
John Motzi
(@jmotzi)
March 6, 2019 4:17 pm  

Hi Raaj,

Yes I am interested!  I am available all weekends in May.  For June I am not able to do June 6-10 or June 23-29 as I will be in Montreal and then Pittsburgh.

JM

ReplyQuote
Lucia Cooper
(@lcooper)
March 7, 2019 7:55 pm  

Raaj,

I'm in. The only weekends I could go are the weekend of June 15 or the weekend of June 22. But John can't do the weekend of June 22, so I'm really hoping we can settle on the weekend of June 15.

Lucia

ReplyQuote
Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
March 8, 2019 6:40 am  

Gang,

It looks like John, Lucia and Larry are in, as am I.

For reference, the weekend in May & June are:

Fri 3 - Mon 6

Fri 10 - Mon 13

Fri 17 - Mon 20

Fri 24 - Mon 27

Fri 31 - Mon Jun 3

Fri Jun 7 - Mon 10

Fri 14 - Mon 17

Fri 21 - Mon 24

The following weekend leads in the 4th July week, so from a travel perspective is perhaps best avoided.

John is not available June 6 - 10 and June 23 - 29.

Lucia is only available weekend of June 15.  Frankly, Lucia, that is going to be very tough to do, unless everyone's calendars align.

I know Char and Patti had expressed some interest so hopefully will respond here with their preferred dates.  Larry, who lives in Chicago also wants to participate but has some travel in that timeframe, so Larry, why don't you please post your availability in this thread?  Lloyd was also interested.  I can ask Kevin if he would like to go with his better-half.

Ulana, how about it?  I know it is a long way, but if you're in Canada then, it may be easier.  Same for you, Bob from San Luis O.  Can you make it?  Any of the other new members?

My wife will probably join us if her schedule allows, if that is ok with you all.

Once we zero on a couple of weeks that maximize attendance, I can start to look at my schedule and lock this in.  I will also begin working on a list of things to shoot and plan a tentative itinerary that we can change at will, obviously.  Larry has most graciously offered to help with the itinerary.

Excited at the photographic possibilities and the prospect of hanging out with all of you!

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Orchid Fung
(@ofung)
March 8, 2019 1:54 pm  

I was in Chicago last year and had a fantastic time shooting architecture in the downtown area.  Would definitely want to return.  I will be in Chile and Bolivia from June 8-20, so it doesn't look like June is feasible for me but am available any of the weekends of May 10,  May 17 and May 24.

If this works out, I look forward to seeing some of you from LA again and meeting others on this forum as well.

ReplyQuote
Janet Weiden
(@jweiden)
March 8, 2019 6:18 pm  

I would be interested in going.  I have tons of availability in May and June.

ReplyQuote
Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
April 6, 2019 11:49 am  

Looks like Lucia, Janet, Orchid, John and Larry have expressed an interest in the Chicago outing, with Char being a possible.

Looks like June does not work for many of us, so to put a strawman up, how about an arrival in Chicago on Thursday the 29th of August and shooting Friday the 30th, Saturday the 31st and Sunday the 1st of September.  Return back home on the 2nd (or whenever each of us wants to go back)?

Does this work for you?  Please respond here and we'll get this sorted out.  

Thank you!

ReplyQuote
Char Davies
(@cdavies)
April 6, 2019 2:20 pm  

Raaj - the Aug 29 - Sept 2nd dates work for me.

BTW, the revamped site looks great - good job!

I think that I'm not getting the email notification when a posting is made. Do I need to tweak something in my profile?

This post was modified 5 months ago 2 times by Char Davies

ReplyQuote
Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
April 6, 2019 3:50 pm  

Thanks @cdavies!

I have posted a quick visual guide on how to subscribe to the new Forums here - http://guerboiscafe.com/forums/forum-qa/subscribing-to-the-new-forums/

Hope you guys find that useful.

Cheers!

ReplyQuote