Africa 2019  

RSS

Stephanie Albrecht
(@salbrecht)
September 16, 2019 9:52 pm  

During the initial part of my trip I did some volunteer work just outside of Nairobi.  For safety reasons, I was advised to not bring my camera our during this time, so my chances to use my camera for shots was pretty restricted to the Safari portion of my trip.

Hindsight is always 20/20 and after returning from my trip and processing some of my photos, there are already some things I would have changed - angles, focus, controlling my excitement a bit and focused on "bigger picture" type photos instead of being so focused on capturing each animal (which resulted in pictures looking similar, just different animals) etc.  These photos were all taken from inside the Hatch-Top Safari vehicles on Game Drives - meaning I was not able to adjust my location (for lighting and angles) unless the driver was able to move car where I wanted it in time since I could not physically get out of the vehicle.  And since these are wild animals, getting them to "hold their pose" didn't work very well 😆 Again, there are definitely things I would change if I could but I had a LOT of fun shooting 🙂 

Comments, suggestions, ideas are always welcomed!!

Thanks,

Stephanie

africa2019 6
africa2019 7
africa2019 8
africa2019 9
africa2019 11
Africaedits 00001
edits1

This topic was modified 1 month ago 2 times by Stephanie Albrecht

ReplyQuote
Lloyd Bloom
(@lbloom)
September 16, 2019 11:01 pm  

Gutsy gal!

Is it true that Raaj wouldn't look at your pictures unless you posted on the cafe?

For all the photographers on the cafe who have been shooting for 10, 20, 30, 4o or more years (which is likely all of us but Stephanie), bear in mind that you are looking at images from a photographer who got her first DSLR 6 months ago!  I think it is a tremendous showing from Stephanie.  Yes, there is lots to learn in all of these images, but what a great beginning!

Cheers,
lloyd

ReplyQuote
Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
September 17, 2019 8:17 am  

Well done, Steph!  You have every reason to be proud of these images, especially given that you bought your first DSLR a few days before the trip.  I wish the first few images I made a long time ago were this good.

Hindsight always presents extreme clarity and is useful only insofar as there are any lessons to take forward.  You made some nice images and have no reason to feel tentative about any of these.

Let's see more!

Cheers!

PS:  @lbloom, yes, as you well know, I can be extremely difficult... 😀

ReplyQuote
Beckie Dicks
(@bdicks)
September 18, 2019 5:37 pm  

Nice job! I particularly like the sleeping lions.

Beckie

ReplyQuote