Caseville Sunset 20...

Caseville Sunset 2019  

RSS

Stephanie Albrecht
(@salbrecht)
June 9, 2019 4:21 pm  

Spend the evening in Caseville, MI last night and was able to watch beautiful sunset.  This image is just from my iPhone.  This is without any edits:

caseville2019

Here is after a little editing 🙂

caseville edit

ReplyQuote
Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
June 10, 2019 1:46 pm  

Nicely composed and exposed, @salbrecht.  Did you use SnapSeed for the tweaks?

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Stephanie Albrecht
(@salbrecht)
June 10, 2019 3:12 pm  

I did!!  Again, there are a LOT of things I could do with the editing and even the app is a little overwhelming.  I made a few changes and liked what I saw so I stopped there haha.  With more time I am sure I could really make some changes to the photo

ReplyQuote
Lloyd Bloom
(@lbloom)
June 10, 2019 6:37 pm  

Great to see you doing some photo processing!

I agree with Raaj on the composition - with the rocks pointing to the sun.  And, I appreciate that you included the original and edited version in the same post.

Here are some questions to ask yourself (and there are no right or wrong answers - these are just the things we think about as we take and process images):

• Are the oranges and yellows a bit too intense (or should they be stronger)?
  • Would the picture be better if the rocks were in focus (likely leaving the sky less focused)?
  • What would the picture have been like if you took it from a lower angle or a higher angle?
  • What would you have done differently if you had that nifty big-girl camera with you (stand further from the rocks and zoom in to change the relationship of rocks to sun, or get even closer to the rocks and zoom out really wide)?

The questions will never end...

Cheers,
lloyd

ReplyQuote