Untitled #3, Januar...

Untitled #3, January 2020  

RSS

Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
January 5, 2020 3:08 pm  

Pentax 645Z+120mm Macro+ several extension rings.  Illumination via a microscopy fibre optic device.  Raw conversion in ACR, post in PS CC, in the continued company of Astrud Gilberto! 🙂

Flowers Jan 2020 200105 0080 1 C 2500

Comments and critique welcome and appreciated!

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
January 5, 2020 3:20 pm  

Flowers Jan 2020 200105 0080 1 BW 2500

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
John Motzi
(@jmotzi)
January 6, 2020 12:04 pm  

@rshinde

The B&W doesn't do anything for me but I do very much like the color version.  I like that there are no sharp lines, only softness, and also that it's a study in monochromatic color tone.

ReplyQuote
Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
January 8, 2020 7:12 am  
Posted by: @jmotzi

@rshinde

The B&W doesn't do anything for me but I do very much like the color version.  I like that there are no sharp lines, only softness, and also that it's a study in monochromatic color tone.

Thanks, John.  I am not sure which version I like better... 😀

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Kevin Foisy
(@kfoisy)
January 15, 2020 11:23 pm  

Difficult to decide which I like better. The B&W really highlights the tonality. The colour conveys more emotion. Flip a coin; both beautiful.

ReplyQuote
Donna Macauley
(@dmacauley)
January 16, 2020 6:37 am  

The colors are perfect, not over-saturated. It's tough to decide between the two, but I think the color wins here because as John said, it's a study in monochromatic colors.

ReplyQuote
Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
January 16, 2020 2:17 pm  
Posted by: @kfoisy

Difficult to decide which I like better. The B&W really highlights the tonality. The colour conveys more emotion. Flip a coin; both beautiful.

Thanks much, Kevin!  The other image you commented on, Untitled #4 is this same image but I processed it differently and it was different enough for me to consider it a different image, hence #4.  I am enjoying making these images and the Pentax continues to delight!

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
January 16, 2020 2:18 pm  
Posted by: @dmacauley

The colors are perfect, not over-saturated. It's tough to decide between the two, but I think the color wins here because as John said, it's a study in monochromatic colors.

Thanks, Donna!  I am planning to make a print of the color image.  Let's see how it turns out! 🙂

ReplyQuote
Char Davies
(@cdavies)
January 23, 2020 8:26 pm  

I'm guessing this is a rose? I prefer color as color is a major attribute of a flower/rose. The lighting, tones and focus are stunning; I just want to dive into the softness. Should make a very pleasing print - what paper stock do you think you'll use?

ReplyQuote
Raaj
 Raaj
(@rshinde)
January 26, 2020 1:53 pm  
Posted by: @cdavies

I'm guessing this is a rose? I prefer color as color is a major attribute of a flower/rose. The lighting, tones and focus are stunning; I just want to dive into the softness. Should make a very pleasing print - what paper stock do you think you'll use?

Hi Char,

Thanks for your comments.  Yes, a rose.  

I don't know what paper yet.  I'm working on the darkroom at the moment and haven't focused on the printing.  Any recommendations on paper?

Cheers!

ReplyQuote
Joe Tori
(@jtori)
January 29, 2020 8:58 am  

Raaj,

Both are pleasing composition and elegantly rendered.  I favor the B&W version.  It has a Cunningham-esque quality about it.  

Joe.

ReplyQuote
Janet Weiden
(@jweiden)
March 17, 2020 11:00 am  

Raaj,

Surprise! I finally checked in.  

Both are beautiful.  I prefer the B&W version.  When I study them, I spend more time on the B&W version.  In my opinion, it is more mysterious and intriguing. 

ReplyQuote