@lbloom That is a strong subject and a strong image. I like the clarity of the subject and am interested in how you achieved the background.
Thanks for asking.
- This is shot against a bright, overcast sky
- Manual exposure for the darks
- Another wood stork at the bottom of the frame
- In LR, a bit of radial filter frames the head, inverted to preserve the exposure of the head and beak, but to slightly increase exposure of the sky and the birds’ bodies.
- Finished off with a bit of clarity, sharpening, and small tweaks to red, orange, and yellow.
I have a landscape version with the bird off-center that makes a great background for web conferences with the stork looming large next to me 😎.